Hit Counter

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fire at Stewart!

After Rocky dropped me back off at Stewart. I went upstairs and began settling in. I was busy organizing and was just getting a system going when the fire alarm goes off. Great! My first day at college and already either my dorm is on fire or someone already has pulled the fire alarm. I was foretold about the 3 a.m. fire alarms of Martin and Stockard! At least this one was at 3 p.m. So I grab my phone, student ID, and my key, and head downstairs. All of the new girls moving in are standing across the street with cell phones, ipods, keys, student IDs and computers in hand waiting to see the building go up in flames. After standing in the hot sun for about 2 minutes, I become impatient and just walk up to some girls and introduce myself. After a few minutes everyone else gets the gist and we have an introduction circle. My neighbors, with the boxes piled to the ceiling in the hall, are from New Orleans! Nicole and Maggie! They are really the only girls outside who are on my floor. Nicole is in the Provost Program also, and Maggie just wanted to move in the same day as Nicole. After about 30 minutes, the fire truck pulls up and the firemen go inside to diagnose the problem. After another 10 minutes, they all agree that the building is not on fire! So we all go back to unpacking and setting up our dorm. About 10 minutes later, another fire alarm. Nicole and I decide that we can't hear it, turn up the music, and continue unpacking until an RA forces us out of our rooms. This time I decide that I can make use of the wasted time and go to Kinard Hall and get my decal. When I got back, my building was nothing but a pile of ashes, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment